US: Pernod drops USB for High Falls for Seagram's Coolers
The company's US unit said late last week that High Falls Brewing Company will replace United States Beverage as the exclusive distributor and marketer for Seagram's Coolers in the US, the Caribbean, and worldwide US Military posts.
High Falls also will assume full responsibility for the manufacturing and co-packing of these products, which are currently produced at Pernod Ricard's Lawrenceburg, Indiana facility, as well as at two third-party co-packer locations.
"(I am) delighted by this exciting, exclusive arrangement," said Alain Barbet, president and CEO of Pernod Ricard USA. "High Falls will offer the benefit of a fully integrated operating structure, with marketing, sales and manufacturing consolidated under one company. This structure, combined with the talent and dedication of High Falls employees, will help the well-known, powerful Seagram's Coolers brand reach new heights."
"USB has been a dedicated partner in a very competitive category, and we'd like to thank them for their past efforts," Barbet said. "Under their direction, the brand benefited from innovative new flavour introductions as well as significant packaging improvements."
The change takes place from 1 July.
USB has distributed Seagram's Coolers for Pernod since 2002. Earlier this month, the Connecticut-based company announced that it was taking on distribution of Spanish beer Estrella Damm in the US.
Pernod Ricard has seen a 6.9% rise in sales in its first-quarter, helped by a lift in high end sales in markets such as China and India....
Champagne G.H. Mumm has launched a rigid-aluminium travel canister gift box for the brand....
Diageo has responded to recent reports that it is in talks with UK supermarkets to stop promotions that mark down prices to a competitive level during the holiday season....
Baarsma Wine Group Holding has acquired Pernod Ricard Italia's Canei wine brand....
Pernod Ricard, Beam Global Spirts & Wine and Diageo are in talks with supermarkets to stop seasonal 'buy one get one free' promotions in the UK, according to reports....
Pernod Ricard is adding a vintage variant to its Jameson's Irish whiskey brand across the US, UK and travel retail markets next month....
Independent spirits company William Grant & Sons has appointed Simon Hunt as managing director of William Grant & Sons North America and Mexico and president of WGS USA, with effect from 15 October....
Pernod Ricard has announced that it is to expand the production capacity of its Wild Turkey distillery in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, as the Bourbon brand's annual volumes top the 1m-case mark for the fir...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)