SWEDEN: Pernod announces Absolut exec line-up
The wine and spirits company said today that the Swedish business, which has been renamed The Absolut Company, will be headed up by the president of V&S Absolut, Ketil Eriksen, who will become CEO.
Matthias Aeppli, the vice president of global marketing at V&S Absolut since 2007, will continue in the same capacity at Absolut, while Kicki Alm, who joined the HR team at V&S Absolut in 2006, becomes vice president of human resources.
Krister Asplund, who has been with V&S Absolut since 1982, will be the vice president of manufacturing. Andreas Berggren, will be vice president of commercial, having been responsible for V&S Absolut's international activities outside the US since 2005.
Paula Eriksson will continue as vice president of corporate communications, with Stéphane Longuet joining Absolut as vice president of finance from Pernod Ricard Italia, where she had been CFO. Finally, Mikael Spångberg becomes vice president of legal affairs, having been responsible for legal affairs at V&S since 1996.
"It's an honour to continue to be entrusted with the leadership of Absolut vodka, and it feels like an acknowledgement that the strategy we followed in the past years has been a success," said CEO, Eriksen. "With an owner like Pernod Ricard, and with access to their exceptional distribution network in 70 countries, we have all the prerequisites to continue our strong growth."
Pernod completed the acquisition of V&S Group, the parent company of V&S Absolut Spirits, from the Swedish government late last month for EUR5.69bn (US$8.45bn). The company subsequently split V&S' operations in two, naming one The Absolut Company, and the other Pernod Ricard Nordic.
China's reputation as both a wine market and producer looks to be going in only one direction. Mark Godfrey in Beijing speaks exclusively to consultants, sommeliers, retailers and producers on the gro...
A Christmas surge helped E&J Gallo's UK grow its core wine portfolio by 0.4% in volume and 2.4% in value last year, but pressure is growing from tax rises and recession....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
The CEO of Absolut vodka has told just-drinks that the brand still sees growth opportunities in the US market, despite volume declines in 2008....
Pernod Ricard may profit in its second half from a plan to reduce advertising spend, partly as a result of lower media rates in key markets....
Carlsberg said today (18 February) that its board of directors intends to elect Richard Burrows and Kees van der Graaf to the board, replacing Jens Bigum, the company's deputy chairman, and Henning Dy...
Pernod Ricard is launching a limited edition silver bottle for its Irish whiskey brand Jameson's in the UK, in time for St Patrick's Day....
Pernod Ricard has said that it is on course to meet full-year profit guidance, after reporting a 13% rise in net sales and a 5% increase in net profit for its fiscal first half....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends