CHILE: Pernod and CCU in pisco face-off – report
Pernod Ricard is in a battle with Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) to take control of Chilean pisco producer Cooperativa Agricola Pisquera Elqui, or Capel, according to Chilean press reports.
The two companies are squaring up over Capel after CCU took over Cooperativa Agricola Control Pisquero de Elqui y Limari Ltda., or Pisco Control, in March. Local winery Vina Santa Rita has also expressed an interest, the reports said.
Chile's anti-trust office said last week that CCU's bid for Capel should be rejected as it would give the Chilean drinks company monopoly control of the country's pisco market.
Speaking to Dow Jones, Laurent Pillet, general manager of Pernod Ricard Chile, said: "If the authorities allow someone to have 99% or 100% control of the market, (that sets up) an evident market access barrier. An economic group that has other interests in beer and wine will never let anyone else in."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World