NZ: Pernod allowed to keep ex-Allied brands
Pernod Ricard will be able to keep five key brands in New Zealand after the country's competition watchdogs ruled that retaining them would not affect competition in the local wine and spirits market.
New Zealand's Commerce Commission had launched a probe into the implications of Pernod not offloading the five brands - Lindauer, Aquila, Chardon, Chasseur and Italiano - after the French drinks giant bought Allied Domecq last year.
The Commission had asked Pernod to sell on the brands after buying Allied but launched the investigation after Pernod hinted it may keep the stable.
However, earlier this week, the Commission said: "The (Allied) acquisition is unlikely to have resulted in a substantial lessening of competition in any market".
Pernod declined to comment when contacted by just-drinks today (6 July).
The outlook in Champagne is upbeat, with sales on the increase in France and export markets, and the prospect of continued growth. However, writes Richard Woodard, challenges remain for Champagne ship...
Pernod Ricard has named a former Moët Hennessy executive as the man to lead the marketing of its spirits brands in the US....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled the first international TV marketing campaign for its Chivas Regal 18-year-old Scotch whisky....
New Zealand wine producer Giesen Wines has invested NZ$3.5m (US$2.4m) on expanding its Blenheim winery and setting up a bottling plant in Christchurch....
The success of a golf promotion in four Asian airports has seen Ballantine's line up further campaign around the world....
Diageo has calmed press reports suggesting it is keen to expand its wine portfolio. The UK-based drinks giant said today (18 December) that reports suggesting that it will focus more specifically on t...
Pernod Ricard has signalled its commitment to promoting responsible drinking with plans to put warnings to pregnant women on all its wine and spirit brands throughout the EU....
The amount of space given over to spirits producers at the London International Wine & Spirits Fair will double next year....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages