US: Pernod Absinthe launches art contest
The contest will award its first place winner a cash prize of US$1,805; second place $500; and third place $250. A celebratory event is being planned concurrent with The Armory Show, the annual international art fair, in New York City.
"Pernod has been a strong supporter of the arts since the brand debuted in France more than 200 years ago," said Brian Eckert, Pernod brand manager for Pernod Ricard USA.
"Since its debut, Pernod has been a favourite drink among the cultural elite including Picasso, Van Gogh, Monet and Poe. We thought it fitting to honour this relationship with a contest that celebrates the artist in us all."
In order to be considered, consumers interested must submit only original works, and all works submitted must include the date 1805, the date the brand was first launched.
Submissions are being accepted unti the end of January, 2010, in the following categories: painting, illustration, photography, video, digital/animation.
Submissions will be accepted entirely online at www.facebook.com/pernodabsinthe.
Pernod Ricard's Absolut Berri Acai...
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites