US: Pernod Absinthe launches art contest
The contest will award its first place winner a cash prize of US$1,805; second place $500; and third place $250. A celebratory event is being planned concurrent with The Armory Show, the annual international art fair, in New York City.
"Pernod has been a strong supporter of the arts since the brand debuted in France more than 200 years ago," said Brian Eckert, Pernod brand manager for Pernod Ricard USA.
"Since its debut, Pernod has been a favourite drink among the cultural elite including Picasso, Van Gogh, Monet and Poe. We thought it fitting to honour this relationship with a contest that celebrates the artist in us all."
In order to be considered, consumers interested must submit only original works, and all works submitted must include the date 1805, the date the brand was first launched.
Submissions are being accepted unti the end of January, 2010, in the following categories: painting, illustration, photography, video, digital/animation.
Submissions will be accepted entirely online at www.facebook.com/pernodabsinthe.
Pernod Ricard's Absolut Berri Acai...
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- Will Craft Brewers be Tempted by Private Equity?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo unveils sixth Johnnie Walker House in Asia