Product Launch - JAPAN: PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
Click through to view PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
Category - Soft drink
Available - From this month
Location - Japan, nation-wide
Price - RRP of JPY150 (US$1.90) per 49cl bottle
Distribution - Suntory Holdings
PepsiCo has lined up the launch of Pepsi Special in Japan, through its bottler, distributor and licensee in the country, Suntory.
The variant features the dietary fibre dextrin, which is supposed to aid slimming by reducing fat intake from foods. Pepsi Special has been approved by Japan’s ministry of health, labour and welfare to carry the Japanese ‘foods for specified health uses’ (FSHU) label, which indicates that its claimed beneficial health effects have been proven scientifically.
“We expect to sell 1m cases (24 bottles per case) by the end of 2012,” said a Suntory spokesman.
In March, Suntory’s rival Kirin launched a similar FSHU-labelled cola in Japan, called Mets Cola.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd considers some of the product innovations that have shaped the US cola market following news of the pending launch of an omega-3 variant....
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
PepsiCo China Ltd is seeking sustainable growth by enhancing brand awareness around the world and bringing innovative products to the marketplace....
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban