Product Launch - JAPAN: PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
Click through to view PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
Category - Soft drink
Available - From this month
Location - Japan, nation-wide
Price - RRP of JPY150 (US$1.90) per 49cl bottle
Distribution - Suntory Holdings
PepsiCo has lined up the launch of Pepsi Special in Japan, through its bottler, distributor and licensee in the country, Suntory.
The variant features the dietary fibre dextrin, which is supposed to aid slimming by reducing fat intake from foods. Pepsi Special has been approved by Japan’s ministry of health, labour and welfare to carry the Japanese ‘foods for specified health uses’ (FSHU) label, which indicates that its claimed beneficial health effects have been proven scientifically.
“We expect to sell 1m cases (24 bottles per case) by the end of 2012,” said a Suntory spokesman.
In March, Suntory’s rival Kirin launched a similar FSHU-labelled cola in Japan, called Mets Cola.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd considers some of the product innovations that have shaped the US cola market following news of the pending launch of an omega-3 variant....
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
PepsiCo China Ltd is seeking sustainable growth by enhancing brand awareness around the world and bringing innovative products to the marketplace....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL