Product Launch - JAPAN: PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
Click through to view PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
Category - Soft drink
Available - From this month
Location - Japan, nation-wide
Price - RRP of JPY150 (US$1.90) per 49cl bottle
Distribution - Suntory Holdings
PepsiCo has lined up the launch of Pepsi Special in Japan, through its bottler, distributor and licensee in the country, Suntory.
The variant features the dietary fibre dextrin, which is supposed to aid slimming by reducing fat intake from foods. Pepsi Special has been approved by Japan’s ministry of health, labour and welfare to carry the Japanese ‘foods for specified health uses’ (FSHU) label, which indicates that its claimed beneficial health effects have been proven scientifically.
“We expect to sell 1m cases (24 bottles per case) by the end of 2012,” said a Suntory spokesman.
In March, Suntory’s rival Kirin launched a similar FSHU-labelled cola in Japan, called Mets Cola.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd considers some of the product innovations that have shaped the US cola market following news of the pending launch of an omega-3 variant....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research