Product Launch - JAPAN: PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
Click through to view PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
PepsiCo's Pepsi Special
Category - Soft drink
Available - From this month
Location - Japan, nation-wide
Price - RRP of JPY150 (US$1.90) per 49cl bottle
Distribution - Suntory Holdings
PepsiCo has lined up the launch of Pepsi Special in Japan, through its bottler, distributor and licensee in the country, Suntory.
The variant features the dietary fibre dextrin, which is supposed to aid slimming by reducing fat intake from foods. Pepsi Special has been approved by Japan’s ministry of health, labour and welfare to carry the Japanese ‘foods for specified health uses’ (FSHU) label, which indicates that its claimed beneficial health effects have been proven scientifically.
“We expect to sell 1m cases (24 bottles per case) by the end of 2012,” said a Suntory spokesman.
In March, Suntory’s rival Kirin launched a similar FSHU-labelled cola in Japan, called Mets Cola.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd considers some of the product innovations that have shaped the US cola market following news of the pending launch of an omega-3 variant....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts