Product Launch - US: PepsiCo's Mountain Dew Kickstart
Click through to view the logo for PepsiCo's Mountain Dew Kickstart
PepsiCo's Mountain Dew Kickstart
Category - Soft drinks, CSD
Available - From 25 February
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$1.69 per 33cl
PepsiCo has released a Mountain Dew extension that combines fruit juice with caffeine and is designed as an alternative to morning coffee.
Mountain Dew Kickstart will be available in two flavours - Orange Citrus and Fruit Punch - and contains 80 calories per 33cl can, PepsiCo said today (11 February). The drinks contain 5% fruit juice.
Mountain Dew marketing VP Greg Lyons said consumers have been looking for an juice alternative to traditional morning beverages with a caffeine kick to help them start their days.
PepsiCo launched an innovation hub in Shanghai last year to help tap into the Asian market.
Dawn breaks this morning on Kickstart, an entirely new sparkling juice beverage from Mountain Dew®. Whether it's catching the first waves at sunrise, managing bumper to bumper traffic on the way to the office or hitting fresh powder on the slopes at first light, new Kickstart by Mountain Dew offers a refreshing and energizing take on your morning routine.
Available in two bold flavors, Orange Citrus and Fruit Punch, and only 80-calories per 16 oz. can, Kickstart presents a fresh alternative to the age old morning question of "coffee or juice," by offering the best of all worlds. It combines the great taste of Mountain Dew with five percent real fruit juice and just the right amount of caffeine. It's the ultimate morning "pick me up" that satisfies all day long.
"Our consumers told us they are looking for an alternative to traditional morning beverages - one that tastes great, includes real fruit juice and has just the right amount of kick to help them start their days," said Greg Lyons, Vice President, Marketing, Mountain Dew. "We heard them loud and clear and created a completely new offering with Kickstart to give them exactly what they asked for."
Kickstart by Mountain Dew will be available in retail stores nationwide beginning February 25. But, to be one of the first to taste Kickstart before it hits shelves, consumers can visit www.kickstartfirsttaste.com to request a can. With the can in hand, fans are encouraged to submit a photo of themselves getting into their morning groove with Kickstart for a chance to be included in a "Chasing Sunrise" anthem video.
About Mountain Dew
Mountain Dew, a product of PepsiCo Americas Beverages, is the No. 1 flavored carbonated soft drink in the U.S. With its one-of-a-kind citrus taste, Mountain Dew exhilarates and quenches with every sip. In addition to original Mountain Dew® and Diet Mountain Dew®, the permanent DEW product line includes Mountain Dew Code Red®, Mountain Dew LiveWire®, Mountain Dew Throwback®, Mountain Dew Voltage® and Mountain Dew White Out.
Original source: Company Release
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd follows up on the reports that PepsiCo is planning to launch a premium brand into the burgeoning US bottled water market next year, in an attempt to accelera...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research