GLOBAL: PepsiCo's global marketing chief departs
PepsiCo is due to appoint a replacement for Amin "shortly"
PepsicCo's global chief marketing officer is quitting the group after 18 years to join household-products firm SC Johnson.
Salman Amin will take the post of SC Johson's chief operating officer, North America Markets, from May, PepsiCo confirmed to just-drinks today (11 March). A replacement is due to be announced “shortly”, PepsiCo president Zein Abdalla said in an internal memo to staff.
Abdalla said Amin, who has been in his global marketing role since last May and was also a senior VP, has “chosen to depart” from the company.
In his marketing role Amin was responsible for “driving global marketing strategies and plans for PepsiCo worldwide, with accountability for consumer and shopper marketing, media, insights, and marketing talent development”.
Prior to his most recent role, Amin worked as PepsiCo's sales and marketing executive VP, having been appointed in August 2009. From 2005 to 2009, Amin was PepsiCo's United Kingdom and Ireland president. Before joining PepsiCo in 1995, Amin spent ten years at Procter & Gamble.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd casts his eye over Habu, the latest soft drinks launch from The Coca-Cola Co in Thailand....
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd follows up on the reports that PepsiCo is planning to launch a premium brand into the burgeoning US bottled water market next year, in an attempt to accelera...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets