GLOBAL: PepsiCo's global marketing chief departs
PepsiCo is due to appoint a replacement for Amin "shortly"
PepsicCo's global chief marketing officer is quitting the group after 18 years to join household-products firm SC Johnson.
Salman Amin will take the post of SC Johson's chief operating officer, North America Markets, from May, PepsiCo confirmed to just-drinks today (11 March). A replacement is due to be announced “shortly”, PepsiCo president Zein Abdalla said in an internal memo to staff.
Abdalla said Amin, who has been in his global marketing role since last May and was also a senior VP, has “chosen to depart” from the company.
In his marketing role Amin was responsible for “driving global marketing strategies and plans for PepsiCo worldwide, with accountability for consumer and shopper marketing, media, insights, and marketing talent development”.
Prior to his most recent role, Amin worked as PepsiCo's sales and marketing executive VP, having been appointed in August 2009. From 2005 to 2009, Amin was PepsiCo's United Kingdom and Ireland president. Before joining PepsiCo in 1995, Amin spent ten years at Procter & Gamble.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd casts his eye over Habu, the latest soft drinks launch from The Coca-Cola Co in Thailand....
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd follows up on the reports that PepsiCo is planning to launch a premium brand into the burgeoning US bottled water market next year, in an attempt to accelera...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research