US: PepsiCo's Gatorade makes marketing appointment
The Gatorade Company, a division of PepsiCo, has appointed Sarah Robb O'Hagan as its new chief marketing officer.
O'Hagan joins PepsiCo after nearly six years at Nike where she has held marketing and general management roles within the US. She has also led marketing platforms for brands such as the Virgin Entertainment Group, Atari and Air New Zealand.
In her new role, O'Hagan will lead the marketing efforts for Gatorade in the US, which includes the core business and new/emerging audiences. In addition, as part of the new PepsiCo Americas Beverage sector, O'Hagan will have influence over the strategic direction of the Gatorade marketing agenda across Latin America.
"Sarah's career is highlighted by creativity, innovation, and brand-building activities, making her the right person to lead Gatorade's marketing efforts," said Todd Magazine, president of Gatorade, US. "Sarah has an amazing track record of elevating high image, sports and entertainment businesses and delivering great results. We're also excited to have someone leading our marketing organisation who understands, and will nurture, the fact that athletes are the core consumers of our brands."
O'Hagan most recently served as the general manager of the Western region for Nike, where she led a significant improvement in business performance. She also oversaw the development of Nike Action Sports.
The health and wellness boom has spawned the launch of many functional products aimed at consumers seeking a healthier lifestyle, and enhanced waters are claiming a growing share of this market. But, ...
Bottled water was the fastest growing sector of the global soft drinks market in 2007 but as the economic downturn squeezes middle-class wallets in Western Europe and North America, there is evidence ...
PepsiCo has scrapped cartoon adverts for Pepsi Max, deemed insensitive for showing a calorie attempting to commit suicide....
PepsiCo and Britvic will be taking its Pepsi Raw natural cola on an 'office sampling' campaign this month....
PepsiCo has appointed Jill Beraud to the newly created position of chief marketing officer, as the group looks to better integrate its marketing strategies around the world....
CytoSport has added another PepsiCo company to its distribution footprint for its Muscle Milk protein beverage brand in the US....
PepsiCo has announced a further 87 job losses at one of its US Gatorade plants, as economic conditions deteriorate....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed Eric Llopis as senior vice president and chief strategy officer, as the bottler enters a period of reorganisation....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report