GLOBAL: PepsiCo urges firms to "work together" on obesity fight
PepsiCo wants a collaborative approach
The beverage and snacks maker said private companies need to join with public bodies to tackle health issues caused by high-calorie diets. “Solutions require a comprehensive, collaborative approach that unites the public and private sectors,” the group's chief scientific officer, Mehmood Khan, said in a blog post yesterday (30 May).
“Working together, we can continue to achieve meaningful results.”
PepsiCo said that half of its beverages now sold in the US are low- or no-calorie soft drinks, hydration beverages or juices.
In January, Coca-Cola launched an anti-obesity advert and admitted it has an “important role” to play in the fight against the health issue.
Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent also said he wants to use his company's marketing might to drive home anti-obesity education, while this month he pledged to stop advertising to under-12s, offer low- or no-calorie beverage options and support physical activity programmes in all of its markets.
PepsiCo said yesterday it will continue to install global policies that restrict marketing to children, remove full-sugar beverages from schools, and provide clear nutrition labelling.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
Returning from Mexico, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor shares his thoughts on what plastic packaging has to offer, going forward....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review