GLOBAL: PepsiCo urges firms to "work together" on obesity fight
PepsiCo wants a collaborative approach
The beverage and snacks maker said private companies need to join with public bodies to tackle health issues caused by high-calorie diets. “Solutions require a comprehensive, collaborative approach that unites the public and private sectors,” the group's chief scientific officer, Mehmood Khan, said in a blog post yesterday (30 May).
“Working together, we can continue to achieve meaningful results.”
PepsiCo said that half of its beverages now sold in the US are low- or no-calorie soft drinks, hydration beverages or juices.
In January, Coca-Cola launched an anti-obesity advert and admitted it has an “important role” to play in the fight against the health issue.
Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent also said he wants to use his company's marketing might to drive home anti-obesity education, while this month he pledged to stop advertising to under-12s, offer low- or no-calorie beverage options and support physical activity programmes in all of its markets.
PepsiCo said yesterday it will continue to install global policies that restrict marketing to children, remove full-sugar beverages from schools, and provide clear nutrition labelling.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
Returning from Mexico, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor shares his thoughts on what plastic packaging has to offer, going forward....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages