GLOBAL: PepsiCo urges firms to "work together" on obesity fight
PepsiCo wants a collaborative approach
The beverage and snacks maker said private companies need to join with public bodies to tackle health issues caused by high-calorie diets. “Solutions require a comprehensive, collaborative approach that unites the public and private sectors,” the group's chief scientific officer, Mehmood Khan, said in a blog post yesterday (30 May).
“Working together, we can continue to achieve meaningful results.”
PepsiCo said that half of its beverages now sold in the US are low- or no-calorie soft drinks, hydration beverages or juices.
In January, Coca-Cola launched an anti-obesity advert and admitted it has an “important role” to play in the fight against the health issue.
Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent also said he wants to use his company's marketing might to drive home anti-obesity education, while this month he pledged to stop advertising to under-12s, offer low- or no-calorie beverage options and support physical activity programmes in all of its markets.
PepsiCo said yesterday it will continue to install global policies that restrict marketing to children, remove full-sugar beverages from schools, and provide clear nutrition labelling.
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
Returning from Mexico, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor shares his thoughts on what plastic packaging has to offer, going forward....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research