INDIA: PepsiCo, Unilever relaunch Lipton Ice Tea
Pepsi Lipton International has relaunched its ice tea in India
PepsiCo India and Hindustan Unilever have reintroduced Lipton Ice into India, seven years after it was withdrawn from the market.
The two firms have relaunched the product into India under Pepsi Lipton International, a 50:50 joint venture between PepsiCo and Unilever. The RTD ice tea will be available in two flavours, Green Tea in Mint & Lemon and Black Tea in Lemon, the firms said on Monday (6 June).
"Tea is a familiar and preferred beverage option in India and ice tea is fast gaining popularity amongst the young consumers," said PepsiCo India's executive director of innovation, Geetu Verma. "We are confident that the product will resonate strongly with our target audience."
The launch will be supported by a marketing campaign and sampling events.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China