THAILAND: PepsiCo undeterred by Serm Suk deal collapse
PepsiCo remains committed to Thailand
PepsiCo has reaffirmed its long-term commitment to operations in Thailand, despite failing in its attempt to gain control of local Pepsi-Cola bottler Serm Suk.
PepsiCo's partner in Thailand, Strategic Beverages, yesterday cancelled its tender offer to gain a majority of Serm Suk shares.
Strategic Beverages already owns 41.54% of Serm Suk, but the group could only gain a further 8.67% via the tender offer, despite extending the offer period for an extra week to 10 June. The firm wanted a 51% overall stake in the bottler.
A PepsiCo spokesperson said today (11 June) that the failure of the tendure does "not affect PepsiCo’s long-term commitment to Thailand".
"We are of course disappointed that we did not achieve our target. Our price of THB29 (US$0.9) represented a near ten-year high for the stock and we believe it was fair to all shareholders,” said PepsiCo.
The second round-up in our Review of the Year series sees Ben Cooper consider a busy 12 months for our soft drink brethren....
Tianfu Cola Group Corp has won a lawsuit against the China unit of PepsiCo on charges that its former joint-venture partner stole the recipe for its beverage, according to reports....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends