US: PepsiCo turns Mountain Dew line ‘UltraViolet’
Pepsi-Cola North America has expanded its Mountain Dew soft drink line with the addition of a flavoured diet variety for the US market.
Diet Mountain Dew UltraViolet will be available from 10 August for a limited period and combines citrus and mixed berry flavours, the company said this week.
"Over the years, we've had fantastic success with limited time regular Mountain Dew flavoured line extensions," said Marisol Tamaro, director of marketing, Mountain Dew. "It felt like the right time to offer the same opportunity to Diet Dew fans."
Diet Mountain Dew UltraViolet will be available nationwide for 12 weeks. The launch will be supported with a range of TV and radio advertising.
Net sales for the 24 weeks to 13 June fell by 3% to US$18.85bn, while net earnings slipped 2% to US$2.8bn, compared to the same period a year earlier.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer