US: PepsiCo to remove Naked Juice "all natural" label - report
PepsiCo says it added vitamins to the brand
PepsiCo is to drop the “all natural” claim from its Naked Juice brand after settling a lawsuit that said some ingredients are synthetic, according to reports.
The company will also pay out US$9m to settle the action, according to an Associated Press report published by NY Daily News. In a statement to AP, PepsiCo said it used “an added boost of vitamins” in the juice and smoothie range, but that it will drop the use of the word "natural" on branding “until there is more regulatory guidance around the world”.
The lawsuit claimed that Naked Juice contains synthetic vitamins and fibre.
Nobody from PepsiCo was immediately available for comment.
PepsiCo bought Naked Juice from private equity firm North Castle Partners in 2007 for an undisclosed fee.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
PepsiCo has launched a patent claim in Russia over its Russkiy Dar kvass brand....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review