US: PepsiCo to pay out to consumers in Naked Juice lawsuit settlement
PepsiCo denies the claims in the lawsuit relating to Naked Juice
PepsiCo has agreed to a lawsuit settlement over its Naked Juice brand that could see US consumers who have bought the product in the past six years get up to US$75 each, it has emerged.
The firm, which is facing a total $9m pay-out over the lawsuit, reportedly said last month it will drop the term “natural” on branding as part of the settlement. The lawsuit, filed last year, had claimed that Naked Juice's ingredients were “synthetic”.
A federal court has now said that consumers who bought the product between 27 September 2007 and 19 August 2013 “may” be eligible to “up to” $75 with a receipt. Those without a receipt could get up to $45.
A dedicated website has been set up to deal with claims.
The US Central District of California court notices states that Naked Juice denies it did anything wrong and denies all the claims in the lawsuit. “The court did not rule in favour of either party,” it adds. “Instead, the parties agreed to a proposed settlement in order to avoid the expense and risks of continuing the lawsuit."
Nobody at PepsiCo was immediately available for comment. The company acquired Naked Juice in 2007.
Earlier this month, The Coca-Cola Co took aim at the in-home carbonation market, through its tie-up with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. Richard Corbett surveys the battlefield....
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets