US: PepsiCo to move "majority" of workers after warehouse closure
PepsiCo is to close its Salem, Oregon, warehouse next month
PepsiCo has said most workers at one of its US warehouses facing closure will be found jobs at nearby facilities.
The warehouse in Salem, Oregon, employs 66 people and will shut down at the end of next month, PepsiCo announced yesterday (24 January). “The majority” of workers will be offered jobs at PepisCo's Portland and Corvallis facilities, a company spokesperson said.
Some workers will remain on the payroll until March, PepsiCo said, adding that the closure “was necessary for the long-term health of our business”.
In November, PepsiCo announced the closure of a Louisiana bottling plant with the loss of 60 jobs.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
PepsiCo China Ltd is seeking sustainable growth by enhancing brand awareness around the world and bringing innovative products to the marketplace....
Functional Drinks in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast ...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014