US: PepsiCo to move "majority" of workers after warehouse closure
PepsiCo is to close its Salem, Oregon, warehouse next month
PepsiCo has said most workers at one of its US warehouses facing closure will be found jobs at nearby facilities.
The warehouse in Salem, Oregon, employs 66 people and will shut down at the end of next month, PepsiCo announced yesterday (24 January). “The majority” of workers will be offered jobs at PepisCo's Portland and Corvallis facilities, a company spokesperson said.
Some workers will remain on the payroll until March, PepsiCo said, adding that the closure “was necessary for the long-term health of our business”.
In November, PepsiCo announced the closure of a Louisiana bottling plant with the loss of 60 jobs.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
PepsiCo China Ltd is seeking sustainable growth by enhancing brand awareness around the world and bringing innovative products to the marketplace....
Functional Drinks in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report