US: PepsiCo to launch malt version of Mountain Dew
The original Mountain Dew was created in Johnson City, hence the name for the new malt product
PepsiCo is planning to launch a new malt-flavoured version of Mountain Dew in a select number of US cities from next month, the company has confirmed.
Mountain Dew Johnson City Gold will be sold at 7 Eleven and Kroger Co. stores from late August in some mid-west cities, in addition to Denver, Charlotte and North Carolina, the company said. The malt-flavoured drink, with a hint of lemon-lime, is named after Johnson City, Tennessee, where original Mountain Dew was created.
Mountain Dew Johnson City Gold is expected to sell for around US$1.49 for a 16oz can.
Last month, PepsiCo launched a US marketing campaign for its original Mountain Dew, using the brand's tie-in with the new Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This case study explores why activist Investor Nelson Peltz is advocating that PepsiCo should separate its drinks and snacks divisions. It assesses the case for and against division, and considers whe...
Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to struggle to maintain its volume sales in the current economic scenario. In 2013 the company focused on two fronts in order to reverse the downwards trend in consump...
PepsiCo Inc continues to look to balance its beverage and snack portfolio. With beverages it seeks to both broaden its range as well as introduce more nutritious products. In terms of marketing, the c...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China