US: PepsiCo to launch higher-end Tropicana
The soft drinks company said today (6 March) that its high-end orange juice, named Tropicana Pure Valencia, is made from the top 3% of its orange harvest and has been supported by a US$30m marketing spend.
Tropicana's marketing director, Ellie Halevy said: "Consumers are looking for super-premium products and intends the push the juices outside of the usual breakfast time routines of consumption.
As part of the super premium line, the soft drinks company also plans to sell Indian River grapefruit, pomegranate/blueberry, peach/papaya/mango and raspberry/acai juice, the company said.
The juices will be aimed at single men and women aged 22 to 45 who have "a lot of discretionary income," the company added.
All Tropicana Pure blends in the 54oz and 1-litre sizes will retail at US$4.49, while all 12oz sizes will retail at $2.49.
Innocent has blazed a trail in the smoothie category but as these drinks have become more popular, juice companies have looked to capitalise by launching their own products. Now Innocent has retaliate...
With a young population and increasing demand for a wider variety of soft drinks, the Middle East represents a strong growth opportunity for soft drinks producers, both international and local. Simon ...
AG Barr last week took one step closer to becoming a cosmopolitan brand owner as it snapped up tropical fruit juice group Rubicon on Tuesday (5 August)....
Under the stewardship of chairman and CEO, Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo has so far been able to shrug off the rising costs and economic slowdown that has taken the shine off many beverage and food companies....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has re-confirmed that it expects low single-digit operating profit growth in its full-year....
PepsiCo and its main bottling arm have said they have completed a deal to buy 75% of leading Russian juice firm Lebedyansky....
PepsiCo and Britvic have signed a sports drink deal for its Gatorade's brand to sponsor Guinness Premiership English rugby....
Starbucks is switching the manufacture, marketing and distribution of its Tazo Tea RTD brand in the US and Canada from Kraft Foods to the Pepsi Lipton Tea Partnership....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research