US: PepsiCo to launch Edge ad campaign
PepsiCo has launched an advertising campaign for its mid -calorie brand Pepsi Edge. The adverts revolve around the premise that consumers can reward themselves with a Pepsi Edge for completing even the simplest of tasks. The ad tagline is "This moment deserves a Pepsi Edge".
The ads will feature Stuart Scott of ESPN's SportsCenter and Rich Eisen of the NFL Network, who inject energy into very ordinary moments with play-by-play commentary in two new television commercials from BBDO New York.
"Now you can reward yourself for even the smallest achievement," says Dave Burwick, SVP, chief marketing officer of Pepsi-Cola North America. "If you're interested in reducing your calorie intake, you don't have to sacrifice great taste to get there."
Pepsi estimates that about 60m consumers drink both regular and diet soft drinks. In the past two years, that number has grown 75%, leading to a sizable target audience for Pepsi Edge, it said.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Beam Suntory rolls out Larios gin range to UK
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends