UK: PepsiCo to launch coffee cola in 2006 – report
PepsiCo is to launch a coffee-flavoured cola in the UK next year, according to local reports. Citing an insider, Marketing Week said yesterday (20 October) that the soft drinks company will launch Pepsi Max Cino in Asda supermarkets on Boxing Day (26 December), with the drink being rolled out nationwide in January.
As the drink contains no added sugar and no extra caffeine, it is not going to be classed alongside energy drinks such as Red Bull and Sprite 3G, the trade publication said.
"PepsiCo hopes that Cino will attract older, more sophisticated consumers who will enjoy its smooth taste," the source was cited as saying.
Pepsi Max Cino is expected to be a permanent addition to the UK unit's portfolio, Marketing Week added.
The increasing popularity of coffee shops across many markets and the expansion of major retail brands such as Starbucks has boosted coffee consumption and provided fertile ground for the burgeoning r...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets