SWEDEN: PepsiCo to launch apple-infused Max
PepsiCo is set to unveil the apple-infused Pepsi Max Chill in Sweden, one of a handful of international markets in which it will launch the line extension.
Pepsi Sweden marketing manager Fredrik Hjalmers told just-drinks that the US soft drinks giant is looking to tap into growing demand for no-sugar carbonates in Sweden.
"No-sugar is seeing growing development in Sweden and product innovation is very important to us to help grow our business," Hjalmers said today (27 March).
Danish brewing giant Carlsberg has handled the production and distribution of the PepsiCo portfolio in Sweden since 2001.
A spokesperson for Carlsberg Sweden said sales volumes of Pepsi Max had leapt 46% last year, closing the gap on category leader Coca-Cola Light.
Pepsi Max accounts for 31.7% of no-sugar cola sales in Sweden. Coca-Cola Light enjoys a category share of 43.1%.
The Carlsberg Sweden spokesperson declined to release figures for PepsiCo's share of the country's entire carbonates market.
Carlsberg has unveiled plans to increase its presence in Vietnam through a joint venture with Hanoi Beer & Beverage Corporation (Habeco) in the country....
Quilmes Industrial has finally submitted its delayed 20-F form for 2006....
Carlsberg has refused to be drawn on speculation that it is to buy a majority stake in Parag Breweries in India....
Carlsberg has lost a second CEO at its Italian unit in the space of nine months....
PepsiCo and Unilever have announced a major expansion of their Lipton RTD tea business joint venture....
Carlsberg is planning to increase its investments in manufacturing and distribution in the Indian market, according to reports....
The marketing director of PepsiCo UK's juice brands has left the unit....
Scottish & Newcastle has had its share coverage downgraded, due to a potential takeover bid from Carlsberg now seeming "unlikely"....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK