PepsiCo to add GMO-free labels to Tropicana range
The move comes despite no change to the Tropicana liquid - PepsiCo maintains its orange juice range has always been non-GMO. Instead, the company said the non-GMO packaging, which will appear on products from February, is being introduced to satisfy consumer demand in the country for information.
"Today, consumers want information that can help them make choices," said PepsiCo this week. "We felt this was important to reassure them that Tropicana Pure Premium is non-GMO, as it always has been,."
Just over 90% of the Tropicana range will carry the labels:
- Tropicana Pure Premium No Pulp
- Tropicana Pure Premium Some Pulp
- Tropicana Pure Premium Lots of Pulp
- Tropicana Pure Premium Calcium No Pulp
- Tropicana Pure Premium Calcium Lots of Pulp
This year, PepsiCo removed aspartame from its Diet Pepsi range because of consumer demand, it said.
Coconut water is the clear liquid extracted from unripe (green) coconuts. It is technically a fruit juice and is most popular in tropical countries....
The latest report from the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), assessing companies' efforts on water, reveals a strong representation from drinks companies among those companies the project considers to ...
Juices are consumed due to their health benefits. Juices aid in digestion and provide better immunity. Fruit and vegetable mixed juices have the added advantage of having low sugar content and more nu...
The adoption rate of social media has dwarfed any other media before it. But the runaway success of social media presents profound challenges, and opportunities, for drinks manufacturers. The ability ...
With the organic foods and drinks industry continuing to mature, the average size of organic farms has also increased, highlighting a trend toward professional organic farming on a large scale....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research