THAILAND: PepsiCo to acquire local bottler - report
PepsiCo looks to up its 41.56% stake in Serm Suk
PepsiCo has announced plans to acquire its Thai bottling firm, Serm Suk, according to reports.
Strategic Beverages (Thailand) Co, a joint venture between PepsiCo and two of its senior executives, is looking to up its 41.56% stake in the firm through a general tender offer for the bottler’s share, KamCity reported yesterday (22 April).
The firm will also look to invest up to THB7bn (US$217m) over the next three to five years on expanding its beverage business, the publication said.
It is understood the offer price will be THB29 per share.
No-one at PepsiCo was available to provide further clarification on the report when contacted by just-drinks this week.
Yesterday, PepsiCo reported an increase in net profits for its first quarter, driven by volume gains in its worldwide snacks and international beverage divisions. The firm said its “solid” performance in beverages was supported by the benefits of the acquisition of its two largest bottlers.
Emerging Markets Witnessing Creativity in Drinks Packaging Development...
Global soft drinks sales proved to be somewhat recession resilient in 2009, though consumers did turn away from the premium spending that has driven the expansion of smaller categories like energy dri...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research