UK: Comment - Britvic: PepsiCo stops the auction
Britvic has been withdrawn from sale as the shareholders could not find an acceptable buyer. Britvic's price would be much lower without PepsiCo guaranteeing to renew its distribution agreement - which was never going to happen without a suitable bidder. PepsiCo does best if Britvic is sold to an existing bottler that uses its strength to push Pepsi brands, but all the key bidders were private equity groups. Pepsi may well have made the right move by holding off its renewal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Bacardi buys Banks rum
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea