UK: PepsiCo stands by Pakistan cricket deal
PepsiCo's sponsorship of the Pakistan national team runs for three years
PepsiCo maintains that it has made no changes to its sponsorship of the Pakistani national cricket team, despite allegations of spot-fixing by a number of players.
The International Cricket Council launched an investigation into the third one-day international between England and Pakistan at The Oval on 17 September.
Four members of the team are being investigated - Salman Butt, Mohammad Aamir, Mohammad Asif and Wahab Riaz - none of whom were involved in the match, the BBC reported.
PepsiCo re-signed its sponsorship deal with Pakistan's national team in January this year in a deal set to run for three years.
In a statement issued earlier this month, the soft drinks firm said: "We believe that integrity is the foundation of fair sporting competition. We are aware of the International Cricket Council's ongoing investigation of individual players during the recent Test match between England and Pakistan.
"At this time we have made no changes to our longstanding cricket sponsorships."
The recent attempt by Asahi Breweries of Japan to buy P&N Beverages has led Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd to delve into the bedrock of the current ownership status of Australia's beverage industry wi...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018