US: PepsiCo silent over Om bottled water launch
PepsiCo reportedly wants to emulate Smartwater's success
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming that it will enter the premium bottled water category with new product Om.
A spokesperson for the company told just-drinks it has “no details to share” on last week's Beverage Digest report, which said PepsiCo plans to launch the line in the US next year. AP, citing the report, said PepsiCo is seeking to emulate the success of the Coca-Cola Co's Smartwater, which it acquired with owner Glacéau in 2007.
Bottled water consumption has increased in the US because of health concerns over sugary soft drinks. Soft drinks makers have sought to capitalise on this growth with moves into water and flavoured water products.
Yesterday, Groupe Danone CFO Pierre-Andre Terrise said flavoured water accounts for 30% of the company's water sales, maintaining the so-called “aqua drinks” sit at the heart of Danone's health strategy.
Coca-Cola is still facing a lawsuit over claims made around its Vitaminwater brand, it emerged earlier this month.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
PepsiCo China Ltd is seeking sustainable growth by enhancing brand awareness around the world and bringing innovative products to the marketplace....
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Scotch Whisky Top 20 Export Markets 2014
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly