US: PepsiCo silent over Om bottled water launch
PepsiCo reportedly wants to emulate Smartwater's success
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming that it will enter the premium bottled water category with new product Om.
A spokesperson for the company told just-drinks it has “no details to share” on last week's Beverage Digest report, which said PepsiCo plans to launch the line in the US next year. AP, citing the report, said PepsiCo is seeking to emulate the success of the Coca-Cola Co's Smartwater, which it acquired with owner Glacéau in 2007.
Bottled water consumption has increased in the US because of health concerns over sugary soft drinks. Soft drinks makers have sought to capitalise on this growth with moves into water and flavoured water products.
Yesterday, Groupe Danone CFO Pierre-Andre Terrise said flavoured water accounts for 30% of the company's water sales, maintaining the so-called “aqua drinks” sit at the heart of Danone's health strategy.
Coca-Cola is still facing a lawsuit over claims made around its Vitaminwater brand, it emerged earlier this month.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
PepsiCo has launched a patent claim in Russia over its Russkiy Dar kvass brand....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research