US: Pepsico silent over Lebedyansky deal
Local reports today (13 August) have claimed that the soft drinks giant is in talks to acquire a 76% stake in the Lebedyansky juice company from its majority shareholders in a deal worth over US$1.5bn.
The two companies could sign an agreement on the sale as early as next month, reports said, with the deal possibly completing before the end of the year.
Speaking to just-drinks today (13 August), however, a spokesperson for PepsiCo said: "In keeping with our longstanding policy, we are not commenting on these rumours."
Last week, Prime-TASS News reported that the Russian juice company was looking to invest heavily in a juice production facility in Siberia and will plough US$50m into the new plant, which is expected to be operational in October 2009.
Earlier in the year, Lebedyansky was pipped to the purchase of Ukrainian juice company Sandora by PepsiAmericas and PepsiCo, who bought the company for US$542m.
Growth for wine in emerging markets, the possibility that European wine producers will regain some ground on the New World, and continued consumer interest in healthier drinks are among the many forec...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Trading in Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines has begun this week, below the intial price of the recent IPO....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has posted a marked leap in net profit for 2007....
PepsiAmericas has unveiled a strong set of results for 2007....
PepsiCo has lined up an addition to its juice portfolio in India....
PepsiCo has announced two environmental initiatives targeted at driving sustainable water practices in an effort to achieve its Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)....
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines has seen its IPO come in at the bottom of its revised price scale....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends