USA: PepsiCo Signs Contract With viaLink
The viaLink Company (NasdaqNM:VLNK) today announced that it has entered into an agreement with PepsiCo Inc. which allows any PepsiCo enterprise -- Frito-Lay, Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company and Tropicana Products, Inc. -- to use viaLink's e-commerce services. Frito-Lay will be the first PepsiCo enterprise to utilize viaLink's syncLink(SM) service to synchronize item, price and promotion information with its trading partners. "We are extremely pleased to start the PepsiCo relationship by providing our synchronization services to Frito-Lay, the largest salty snack manufacturer in the world," said Lewis B. "Bucky" Kilbourne, viaLink's chairman and chief executive officer. "We believe a positive start with Frito-Lay will encourage the additional PepsiCo enterprises to use our synchronization and other e-commerce services to streamline trading relationships and more effectively manage their supply chain." "Frito-Lay has also agreed to help us market viaLink's services to its major retail accounts and we believe its endorsement of viaLink will prove to be a substantial benefit in our sales efforts," said Kilbourne. "PepsiCo has been a supporter of viaLink since PepsiCo's participation in the Grocery Manufacturers of America (GMA)'s scan based trading pilot that utilized viaLink's technology for both synchronization and scan based trading. Through the pilot, PepsiCo experienced the power of synchronization first hand and, by signing this contract, PepsiCo is signaling its desire to bring viaLink's services to its various enterprises."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages