USA: PepsiCo Signs Contract With viaLink
The viaLink Company (NasdaqNM:VLNK) today announced that it has entered into an agreement with PepsiCo Inc. which allows any PepsiCo enterprise -- Frito-Lay, Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company and Tropicana Products, Inc. -- to use viaLink's e-commerce services. Frito-Lay will be the first PepsiCo enterprise to utilize viaLink's syncLink(SM) service to synchronize item, price and promotion information with its trading partners. "We are extremely pleased to start the PepsiCo relationship by providing our synchronization services to Frito-Lay, the largest salty snack manufacturer in the world," said Lewis B. "Bucky" Kilbourne, viaLink's chairman and chief executive officer. "We believe a positive start with Frito-Lay will encourage the additional PepsiCo enterprises to use our synchronization and other e-commerce services to streamline trading relationships and more effectively manage their supply chain." "Frito-Lay has also agreed to help us market viaLink's services to its major retail accounts and we believe its endorsement of viaLink will prove to be a substantial benefit in our sales efforts," said Kilbourne. "PepsiCo has been a supporter of viaLink since PepsiCo's participation in the Grocery Manufacturers of America (GMA)'s scan based trading pilot that utilized viaLink's technology for both synchronization and scan based trading. Through the pilot, PepsiCo experienced the power of synchronization first hand and, by signing this contract, PepsiCo is signaling its desire to bring viaLink's services to its various enterprises."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?