US: PepsiCo shifts Gatorade and Tropicana accounts
The soft drinks company said today (17 April) that the Gatorade advertising account, which is estimated to be valued at US$150m will be relocated to Omnicom's TBWA/Chiat Day in Los Angeles. The Tropicana business will be shifted to Omnicom's Arnell Group in New York.
A PepsiCo spokesman said: "We're always looking for breakthrough creative, and as such, are continuously assessing performance from incumbents, as well as other agencies. We look at the businesses today; we believe Gatorade and Tropicana could benefit from a partnership change. In essence, both world-class brands demand new, creative thinking to fuel their growth.
Element 79's most recent ad for Gatorade sports drink featured Tiger Woods playing golf on the moon.
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
Chile's largest brewer, Compañía Cervecerías Unidas (CCU), has said that volumes have increased by 12% in the first nine months of its financial year....
PepsiAmericas, the US-based soft drinks business, has approved a fourth quarter dividend for shareholders....
Weak economic conditions have forced Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. to slash earnings growth estimates for its full-year....
The Pepsi Bottling Group increased revenue by 2% in the third quarter, but blamed worsening economic conditions for a 6% drop in volume sales....
PepsiCo's main bottling arm, The Pepsi Bottling Group, has signed a deal to acquire fellow Pepsi bottler Lane Affiliated Companies....
PepsiCo is to invest US$500m over the next three years in India, group chairwoman Indra Nooyi has announced....
Shares in Hansen Natural have leapt in price following reports that the beverage group is in talks with Coca-COla over a possible distribution agreement....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research