RUSSIA: PepsiCo secures Wimm-Bill-Dann buy approval
PepsiCo has received all regulatory approvals for the purchase of Wimm-Bill-Dann
PepsiCo has received approval from the Russian competition regulator to acquire Wimm-Bill-Dann.
The snacks and soft drinks giant announced it had struck a deal to buy a 66% stake in the firm for US$3.8bn last month. PepsiCo, which already has a growing presence in Russia, said the deal would make it the "largest food-and-beverage business" in the country.
In a statement today (27 January), PepsiCo said the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation had issued approvals for the acquisition.
PepsiCo has therefore received all regulatory approvals required as conditions to complete the acquisition.
Completion is expected on 8 February, after which, PepsiCo will own around 77% of Wimm-Bill-Dann. PepsiCo has accumulated the additional 11% share since 2 December.
The firm added that it will now generate annual global revenues of US$13bn from nutritious and functional foods, from about $10bn currently.
US drinks manufacturers have launched uniformed, voluntary guidelines for food and drink products marketed to children in a response to mooted government voluntary standards. Ben Cooper examines wheth...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research