ISRAEL/US: PepsiCo rubbishes SodaStream takeover report
PepsiCo says the rumours are "totally untrue"
PepsiCo has said a media report claiming it plans to buy SodaStream for US$2bn is “completely and totally untrue”.
Israeli financial newspaper Calcalist earlier today (6 June) claimed that the US snacks and soft drinks maker has already made an offer for SodaStream, according to Reuters. No sources were cited in the report, which also said SodaStream was sounding out the Coca-Cola Co over a sale.
SodaStream told just-drinks it “does not comment on rumours and speculation” when contacted today. Coca-Cola has yet to reply to a request for comment.
Shortly after the report was published, SodaStream's NASDAQ listed shares shot up by about 25% in pre-market trading. The shares were up 4.4% as of 0923 today.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
Returning from Mexico, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor shares his thoughts on what plastic packaging has to offer, going forward....
PepsiCo China Ltd is seeking sustainable growth by enhancing brand awareness around the world and bringing innovative products to the marketplace....
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future