US: PepsiCo reveals talks with Peltz over "long-term growth" plans
PepsiCo confirmed today is has held meetings with its shareholder Nelson Peltz
PepsiCo has confirmed it has held discussions with activist investor Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Management firm, after the businessman disclosed he has a US$269m stake in the soft drinks and snacks group.
In a statement today (19 April), PepsiCo said: “In recent weeks, we have held meetings with Trian to discuss and consider their ideas and initiatives as part of our ongoing evaluation of all opportunities to drive long-term growth and shareholder value."
It added: "Trian is a respected investor, and we look forward to continuing constructive discussions with them.”
The statement was in repsonse to a SEC filing earlier today from Trian that revealed that as of December 31 last year it has a $269.1m stake in PepsiCo. The filing also showed that Trian has shares worth $494.2m in US food and beverage group Mondelez International.
Rumours surfaced last month that Peltz is buidling stakes in the two firms with a view to merging them. PepsiCo declined to comment on the rumours at the time.
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
PepsiCo China Ltd is seeking sustainable growth by enhancing brand awareness around the world and bringing innovative products to the marketplace....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research