US: PepsiCo revamps Tropicana juice brand
The juice will be branded '100% orange' under the campaign, which will feature on all packaging. In addition, a new cap, designed to look like "an orange is squeezed into every carton", will be introduced, the company said yesterday (8 January).
PepsiCo hopes that the new campaign, named 'Squeeze', will emphasise Tropicana's premium credentials, and so help it to stave off competition from own-label juices.
The campaign launched with a print and outdoor campaign this week in eight markets including New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC, San Francisco, Miami, Philadelphia and Atlanta.
In March, Tropicana is to launch Trop50, a 'light' orange juice beverage with '50% less sugar and calories', using PureVia, PepsiCo's zero-calorie, stevia derived sweetener.
Environmental concerns have climbed steadily up the agenda for soft drinks producers in recent years. However, Annette Farr writes, progress has been faster in the UK than in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
PepsiCo has confirmed a change of senior VP for sports marketing at its Gatorade division....
PepsiCo has opened its first overseas "green" plant in China in the western city of Chongqing as it reiterated plans to invest US$1 billion in the country, which will include five new beverage plants ...
Food and beverage giant PepsiCo has been approved as a member of Ceres' corporate network....
The Coca-Cola Co has agreed to break ties with the Nestea brand in Brazil, in order to gain regulatory approval for its acquisition of RTD tea producer Leao Junior....
PepsiCo is to expand its SoBe Lifewater range with the addition of two flavours for the US market....
PepsiCo has announced that Tessa Hilado is to be its senior vice president, finance and treasurer, reporting to chief financial officer Richard Goodman....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review