US: PepsiCo renames Sierra Mist, "strips out" artificials
Click again for the print version of the new Sierra Mist Natural ad campaign
The North American arm of PepsiCo has updated the taste profile, name and packaging of its Sierra Mist soft drink brand n the US.
Pepsi-Cola North America Beverages announced yesterday (21 September) that the drink, which will be “stripped of everything artificial and is naturally sweetened with real sugar”, will now be known as Sierra Mist Natural. To complement the revamped taste profile, the packaging will benefit from the introduction of an updated logo and and light green bottle.
An advertising campaign, using the tagline, “The soda nature would drink if nature drank soda”, started this week and consists of TV - see below - print, digital, radio, and out-of-home elements. PCNA said it will invest “a full year's worth of media investment” into the final quarter of 2010 to support the brand.
"Sierra Mist Natural is the first major innovation to come out of Pepsi Americas Beverages following our bottler integration," said Kristina Mangelsdorf, vice president of natural and flavoured sodas at PepsiCo. "We know that we have a product our consumers will love and with the support of our full system behind us we know we can win in the marketplace."
Sierra Mist Natural replaces Sierra Mist and is available at stores nationwide in standard soft drink packaging at the same price.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review