US: PepsiCo readies Super Bowl commercials
PepsiCo has been advertising during the Super Bowl since 1987
PepsiCo is set to launch two television commercials to coincide with the US Super Bowl next year.
The two advertisements, which will run during the Super Bowl game, will include a Pepsi television spot featuring the winner of this year's The X Factor, PepsiCo said on Wednesday (21 December). The Super Bowl XLVI will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana on 5 February.
A digital and retail campaign, in addition to on-site activities during the game, will run alongside the ads.
"Pepsi has a legacy of Super Bowl advertising and this year we're taking it to the next level by featuring the winner of The X Factor and some other famous faces in a Pepsi commercial," said PepsiCo Beverages Corp's chief marketing officer, Simon Lowden.
PepsiCo has been advertising during the Super Bowl since 1987. However, the soft drinks firm chose not to advertise its drinks during the live broadcast of the sports event last year, instead investing the money in its 'Pepsi Refresh' project. The company returned for the 2011 game.
In the second part of this month's management briefing for just-drinks' subscribers, Ben Cooper continues his review of sustainability in the soft drinks and bottled water sectors. Here, he looks at w...
This month's management briefing looks at environmental sustainability in the soft drinks & water categories. Part one, appropriately enough, looks at water usage....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research