US: PepsiCo readies Super Bowl commercials
PepsiCo has been advertising during the Super Bowl since 1987
PepsiCo is set to launch two television commercials to coincide with the US Super Bowl next year.
The two advertisements, which will run during the Super Bowl game, will include a Pepsi television spot featuring the winner of this year's The X Factor, PepsiCo said on Wednesday (21 December). The Super Bowl XLVI will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana on 5 February.
A digital and retail campaign, in addition to on-site activities during the game, will run alongside the ads.
"Pepsi has a legacy of Super Bowl advertising and this year we're taking it to the next level by featuring the winner of The X Factor and some other famous faces in a Pepsi commercial," said PepsiCo Beverages Corp's chief marketing officer, Simon Lowden.
PepsiCo has been advertising during the Super Bowl since 1987. However, the soft drinks firm chose not to advertise its drinks during the live broadcast of the sports event last year, instead investing the money in its 'Pepsi Refresh' project. The company returned for the 2011 game.
In the second part of this month's management briefing for just-drinks' subscribers, Ben Cooper continues his review of sustainability in the soft drinks and bottled water sectors. Here, he looks at w...
This month's management briefing looks at environmental sustainability in the soft drinks & water categories. Part one, appropriately enough, looks at water usage....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World