GLOBAL: PepsiCo readies home-carbonation move with Bevyz
PepsiCo is listed as a partner on Bevyz' website
PepsiCo has confirmed to just-drinks that it is poised to enter the home-carbonation arena through a partnership with Bevyz.
A company spokesperson said earlier today (10 March) that PepsiCo is a partner with Bevyz, a Malta-based firm that will unveil its “multi-drink system” in the US later this week. The machine, which is a combined water cooler, coffee/tea machine and soft drinks/juice dispenser, will launch at the International Home & Housewares Show in Chicago, according to a note from Bernstein Research today.
“The machines are surprisingly small (11.5 x 12 x 14 inches), use a CO2 tank, could be set up for a water line or refillable water container, and had interchangeable colourful front panels,” Bernstein said.
Bevyz' website lists PepsiCo as a partner, along with Del Monte and Hero.
When contacted by just-drinks, the PepsiCo spokesperson said: “I can confirm we are a partner with Bevyz but can’t comment further for competitive reasons.”
Last month, Coca-Cola Co announced its entry into the home-carbonation segment, when it bought a stake in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, the producer of the Keurig Cold at-home beverage system. The news prompted speculation that PepsiCo was set to make a similar move, although CEO Indra Nooyi would only say that the firm was “making sure we don't lock and load with any technology until the technology has proven out”.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Bevyz when contacted by just-drinks today.
PepsiCo, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
This case study explores why activist Investor Nelson Peltz is advocating that PepsiCo should separate its drinks and snacks divisions. It assesses the case for and against division, and considers whe...
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research