GLOBAL: PepsiCo readies home-carbonation move with Bevyz
PepsiCo is listed as a partner on Bevyz' website
PepsiCo has confirmed to just-drinks that it is poised to enter the home-carbonation arena through a partnership with Bevyz.
A company spokesperson said earlier today (10 March) that PepsiCo is a partner with Bevyz, a Malta-based firm that will unveil its “multi-drink system” in the US later this week. The machine, which is a combined water cooler, coffee/tea machine and soft drinks/juice dispenser, will launch at the International Home & Housewares Show in Chicago, according to a note from Bernstein Research today.
“The machines are surprisingly small (11.5 x 12 x 14 inches), use a CO2 tank, could be set up for a water line or refillable water container, and had interchangeable colourful front panels,” Bernstein said.
Bevyz' website lists PepsiCo as a partner, along with Del Monte and Hero.
When contacted by just-drinks, the PepsiCo spokesperson said: “I can confirm we are a partner with Bevyz but can’t comment further for competitive reasons.”
Last month, Coca-Cola Co announced its entry into the home-carbonation segment, when it bought a stake in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, the producer of the Keurig Cold at-home beverage system. The news prompted speculation that PepsiCo was set to make a similar move, although CEO Indra Nooyi would only say that the firm was “making sure we don't lock and load with any technology until the technology has proven out”.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Bevyz when contacted by just-drinks today.
PepsiCo, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This case study explores why activist Investor Nelson Peltz is advocating that PepsiCo should separate its drinks and snacks divisions. It assesses the case for and against division, and considers whe...
According to the form 10-K filed in February 2014, Coca-Cola has five strategic priorities. “Accelerate sparkling growth, led by brand Coca-Cola; Strategically expand our profitable still portfolio; I...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review