GLOBAL: PepsiCo readies home-carbonation move with Bevyz
PepsiCo is listed as a partner on Bevyz' website
PepsiCo has confirmed to just-drinks that it is poised to enter the home-carbonation arena through a partnership with Bevyz.
A company spokesperson said earlier today (10 March) that PepsiCo is a partner with Bevyz, a Malta-based firm that will unveil its “multi-drink system” in the US later this week. The machine, which is a combined water cooler, coffee/tea machine and soft drinks/juice dispenser, will launch at the International Home & Housewares Show in Chicago, according to a note from Bernstein Research today.
“The machines are surprisingly small (11.5 x 12 x 14 inches), use a CO2 tank, could be set up for a water line or refillable water container, and had interchangeable colourful front panels,” Bernstein said.
Bevyz' website lists PepsiCo as a partner, along with Del Monte and Hero.
When contacted by just-drinks, the PepsiCo spokesperson said: “I can confirm we are a partner with Bevyz but can’t comment further for competitive reasons.”
Last month, Coca-Cola Co announced its entry into the home-carbonation segment, when it bought a stake in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, the producer of the Keurig Cold at-home beverage system. The news prompted speculation that PepsiCo was set to make a similar move, although CEO Indra Nooyi would only say that the firm was “making sure we don't lock and load with any technology until the technology has proven out”.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Bevyz when contacted by just-drinks today.
PepsiCo, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets