GLOBAL: PepsiCo readies home-carbonation move with Bevyz
PepsiCo is listed as a partner on Bevyz' website
PepsiCo has confirmed to just-drinks that it is poised to enter the home-carbonation arena through a partnership with Bevyz.
A company spokesperson said earlier today (10 March) that PepsiCo is a partner with Bevyz, a Malta-based firm that will unveil its “multi-drink system” in the US later this week. The machine, which is a combined water cooler, coffee/tea machine and soft drinks/juice dispenser, will launch at the International Home & Housewares Show in Chicago, according to a note from Bernstein Research today.
“The machines are surprisingly small (11.5 x 12 x 14 inches), use a CO2 tank, could be set up for a water line or refillable water container, and had interchangeable colourful front panels,” Bernstein said.
Bevyz' website lists PepsiCo as a partner, along with Del Monte and Hero.
When contacted by just-drinks, the PepsiCo spokesperson said: “I can confirm we are a partner with Bevyz but can’t comment further for competitive reasons.”
Last month, Coca-Cola Co announced its entry into the home-carbonation segment, when it bought a stake in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, the producer of the Keurig Cold at-home beverage system. The news prompted speculation that PepsiCo was set to make a similar move, although CEO Indra Nooyi would only say that the firm was “making sure we don't lock and load with any technology until the technology has proven out”.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Bevyz when contacted by just-drinks today.
According to the form 10-K filed in February 2014, Coca-Cola has five strategic priorities. “Accelerate sparkling growth, led by brand Coca-Cola; Strategically expand our profitable still portfolio; I...
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
In the UK, the Royal Society of Public Health has called for nutritional labels - including calories - to be placed on alcoholic drinks, in order to curb the country's growing obesity epidemic....
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future