INDIA: PepsiCo prepares Tropicana twist for India
PepsiCo has lined up an addition to its juice portfolio in India.
The company yesterday (28 January) unveiled Tropicana Twister, which will go up against Coca-Cola's Minute Maid brand in the country. The juice will be available nationwide in two PET pack sizes. The 350ml variant will retail at INR22 (US$0.56), while the 1.2-litre offering will cost INR70.
"The juice and juices drinks is the fastest growing category and the new introduction is the next level in expanding our presence", said PepsiCo India CEO Sanjiv Chadha.
"There will be three different flavours of Tropicana Twister and more carbonated drinks introduced this year," Chadha added.
The company is hoping that the juice segment will account for around 50% of its Indian revenue within five years, the company added.
I remember writing about four years ago that the level of media attention in the UK being levelled on obesity may temper the threat of potential regulation of the alcohol industry as legislators sharp...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Britvic has claimed to have held off pressure from rising costs and a difficult UK soft drinks market to increase revenue by 30% so far this year....
PepsiAmericas has approved its dividend for shareholders, despite difficult market conditions....
Three soft drinks companies are among a raft of companies who have teamed up with the UK government to look at combating obesity in the country....
The US Court of Appeals has reinstated a lawsuit seeking more than US$300m filed by former Peruvian bottler, Compania Embotelladora del Pacifico (CEPSA), against PepsiCo....
PepsiCo has posted a slight lift in sales and profits for its latest quarter, despite slipping operating profits at its Americas Beverages unit....
PepsiAmericas has posted a healthy set of results for its second quarter, despite sliding volumes in the US....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future