US: PepsiCo prepares recycling drive
PepsiCo has said it will work with other "industry leaders" to ensure that half of all beverage containers are being recycled by 2018.
PepsiCo said today (25 March) that it will create partnerships to promote recycling across the US beverage industry.
The Pepsi and Gatorade producer said that it will work with rivals, communities, suppliers and Government bodies to increase recycling rates on drinks cans and bottles.
The group has developed its plan with help from Boston-based Walden Asset Management and San Francisco-based As You Sow, which specialise in socially responsible business.
As we have pondered on this site before, there are many indicators as to whether we are heading towards any sort of sustainable economic recovery, from employment levels to GDP growth and the housing ...
The global market for CSDs is expected to reach US$195bn by 2014, up 11.4% from 2009, according to research published by just-drinks this week....
Stevia supplier PureCircle has signed another venture to market sweeteners, this time with German food ingredients group Dohler....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk