USA: PepsiCo postpones All Sport sale to Monarch
As Federal Trade Commission (FTC) officials prepare to make a case against the PepsiCo/Quaker Oats deal, PepsiCo has postponed plans to sell its All Sport sports drink to Atlanta-based Monarch Co, a report in the Wall Street Journal says. Analysts still believe the Quaker deal will receive approval, however concerns have been raised that the sale of All Sport, seen as a prerequisite to Pepsi receiving approval, to Monarch will only see the brand disappear. Fears surround the size of Monarch, which critics say is too small to drive the brand in a market dominated by Gatorade.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO