USA: PepsiCo postpones All Sport sale to Monarch
As Federal Trade Commission (FTC) officials prepare to make a case against the PepsiCo/Quaker Oats deal, PepsiCo has postponed plans to sell its All Sport sports drink to Atlanta-based Monarch Co, a report in the Wall Street Journal says. Analysts still believe the Quaker deal will receive approval, however concerns have been raised that the sale of All Sport, seen as a prerequisite to Pepsi receiving approval, to Monarch will only see the brand disappear. Fears surround the size of Monarch, which critics say is too small to drive the brand in a market dominated by Gatorade.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research