USA: PepsiCo postpones All Sport sale to Monarch
As Federal Trade Commission (FTC) officials prepare to make a case against the PepsiCo/Quaker Oats deal, PepsiCo has postponed plans to sell its All Sport sports drink to Atlanta-based Monarch Co, a report in the Wall Street Journal says. Analysts still believe the Quaker deal will receive approval, however concerns have been raised that the sale of All Sport, seen as a prerequisite to Pepsi receiving approval, to Monarch will only see the brand disappear. Fears surround the size of Monarch, which critics say is too small to drive the brand in a market dominated by Gatorade.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Analysis - Coca-Cola fails confidence test
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Select