US: PepsiCo poised for NASCAR season with Diet Mountain Dew ad
PepsiCo is set to launch a NASCAR-themed television advert in the US for its Diet Mountain Dew brand.
The company said yesterday (23 February) that the ad, featuring NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr, will run this weekend, to coincide with Earnhardt's debut of the No. 88 Diet Mountain Dew/National Guard Chevrolet for the first race of the 2012 NASCAR season. The 30-second spot, entitled 'Trade', was created by BBDO New York.
As the new season approaches, the company has also set up 'the DEW Crew', an online community for Mountain Dew, Earnhardt and NASCAR fans. Consumers who sign up at dewcrew.com will get access to exclusive content and earn points for the chance to win prizes. Details of what prizes will be on offer were not immediately available.
Click play, below, to view the Diet Mountain Dew ad.
This month, Ray Rowlands turns the spotlight on ThaiBev and explores how, by stealth and shrewd planning, the liquor conglomerate has also developed into a leading player in the Thai soft drinks marke...
The American Beverage Association (ABA) has claimed that a high profile study questioning the benefits of sports drinks displays a "clear bias" by overlooking previous research. ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends