US: PepsiCo poaches Obama adviser for corporate affairs role
PepsiCo has appointed a former senior Democrat adviser to head its global government affairs team
PepsiCo has appointed a former adviser to US President Barack Obama to manage its global public policy and government affairs.
Alan Hoffman, previously deputy assistant to Obama and deputy chief of staff to the Vice President, Joe Biden, has been appointed as Pepsico's new global public policy & government affairs senior VP, the company said yesterday (14 November). He will start in the role on 26 November.
"Alan is well-versed in a wide range of public policy issues and widely respected across all levels of government, and we look forward to benefiting from his leadership," said Larry Thompson, PepsiCo's government affairs, general counsel & corporate secretary executive VP.
Hoffman, who will report to Thompson, replaces Dan Bryant, who was recently named chair of the public policy and government affairs practice at Covington & Burling.
Hoffman also worked on public health issues for the Clinton administration earlier in his career.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd considers some of the product innovations that have shaped the US cola market following news of the pending launch of an omega-3 variant....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015