VIETNAM: PepsiCo pledges Vietnam investment
PepsiCo has announced plans to invest US$250m in Vietnam over the next three years
PepsiCo has announced plans to invest US$250m in Vietnam over the next three years.
The firm said today (16 August) that the investment in its food and beverage business will be allocated across a variety of projects, including upping production capacity, adding marketplace equipment, strengthening existing brands and broadening the company's product portfolio via innovation.
Saad Abdul-Latif, CEO of PepsiCo Asia, Middle East and Africa, said: "Vietnam represents one of PepsiCo's most exciting growth opportunities, and this investment is a reflection of our confidence in this dynamic country and the talented people who live and work here."
The spend is in addition to PepsiCo's investment over the past two years in two new manufacturing facilities, a new foods plant in Binh Duong and a beverages plant in Can Tho.
In May, PepsiCo announced an investment of US$2.5bn in its food and beverage businesses in China over the next three years.
The Supreme Court in India has asked the country's Government to remove persons linked to food and soft drinks companies from panels that enforce safety and standards on edible products, according to ...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research