CHINA: PepsiCo plans Chinese assault
PepsiCo plans to double its workforce in China over the next five years as it launches an offensive in an "important growth market".
The US soft drinks giant is stepping up its investment in China, where some 15,000 employees work in the Pepsi beverage system.
A PepsiCo spokesman told just-drinks today (3 April) that the company is "looking to capitalise on the growth opportunities present in China".
He declined, however, to indicate how much PepsiCo would invest in China. The company has spent over US$1bn in China since it entered the market in 1981.
The spokesman added that the investment would be "spread across the whole Pepsi business".
Coca-Cola has applied creative thinking to the launch of its Minute Maid brand in China, reducing the juice content to make the brand more affordable but adding fruity pulp to give consumers with the ...
Starbucks and PepsiCo have unveiled plans to expand their relationship beyond North America and into China....
Quilmes Industrial has finally submitted its delayed 20-F form for 2006....
PepsiCo and Unilever have announced a major expansion of their Lipton RTD tea business joint venture....
The marketing director of PepsiCo UK's juice brands has left the unit....
PepsiCo spent US$500,000 on lobbying politicians in the US in the first half of this year....
Suntory has extended its tie-up with PepsiCo in South East Asia, according to reports....
PepsiCo has heralded its latest addition to the Gatorade stable as "a whole new platform"....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research