INDIA: PepsiCo petition over Gatorade tagline dismissed - report
PepsiCo wanted to protect the Gatorade tagline, "Rehydrates Replenishes Recharges"
PepsiCo has had a petition dismissed by the Supreme Court in India over claims for the exclusive right of its Gatorade tagline, "Rehydrates Replenishes Recharges", according to reports.
The court has dismissed the request of the Gatorade owner, The Economic Times reported yesterday (11 April). PepsiCo was looking to restrain Heinz India from using the tagline for its Glucon D Isotonik energy drink.
Heinz, which launched the energy drink in February last year, was using the expression, "Rehydrates Fluids; Replenishes Vital Salts; and Recharges Glucose" on the product.
However, the High Court said that the packaging of the two products was "different and there was no confusion among the customers", the publication said. The court added that the trademark should not be given protection.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report that it is interested in buying Russian kvass producer OAO Deka....
Crown Imports has opened its fifth drinks can plant in China, with another five on the way as the group seeks to slake brewers' and soft drinks producers' thirst for packaging....
India's non-alcoholic drinks market is set to grow by 20% per year between now and 2015, according to a report by The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?