US: PepsiCo, PBG form Russian venture
PepsiCo and The Pepsi Bottling Group have teamed up in Russia.
The two companies announced yesterday (1 March) that they have created a joint venture in the country, comprising PepsiCo's concentrate and PBG's bottling businesses. PBG will have a majority interest in the joint venture and maintain management of the day-to-day operations.
The division, which will be called PR Beverages, will be governed by a board of directors, which will represent the two companies equally.
"The economic outlook for Russia is very bright," said PBG president and CEO Eric Foss. "This joint venture will enable the Pepsi system to respond more quickly to marketplace dynamics. In addition, we will be in an even better position to strategically invest in Russia to accelerate our growth."
PepsiCo vice chairman and chairman & CEO of PepsiCo International, Michael White, added: "This agreement strengthens what has been a very effective working relationship between PBG and PepsiCo. We look forward to working closely with PBG to continue building our business in Russia."
PBG will consolidate the joint venture into its financial results, while PepsiCo said it will recognise the earnings of the joint venture as equity income. The two companies said that this will have no impact on either of their previously announced earnings per share and cash flow guidance for 2007.
Coca-Cola suffered a reversal of fortune in Germany in 2003 when it refused to adapt in the face of new recycling laws. But reform of the packaging legislation, coupled with a major marketing push las...
Reed's has appointed a new senior vice president of sales for the US....
Lebedyansky has paid a dividend for common stocks for 2006....
Lebedyansky has denied that it is in line to be bought by PepsiCo....
PepsiAmericas has declined to comment on press reports suggesting the company is looking to team up with Quadrant European Beverages to acquire Bulgarian Pepsi Bottling company Agrima....
PepsiCo has stayed silent after recent press coverage claimed it has agreed to buy a majority stake in Russian juice maker Lebedyansky....
Sunny Delight Beverages Co (SDBC) has unveiled a 100% juice smoothie in Spain and in Arizona, US, where it is being tested....
PepsiAmericas and PepsiCo have been given the green light by authorities in a joint venture to acquire Ukrainian fruit juice maker Sandora....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends