US: PepsiCo partners with iTunes Radio service
PepsiCo has its own branded channel on the service
PepsiCo has said it expects to reach “millions” of consumers digitally in a tie-up with the newly-launched iTunes Radio.
The soft drinks group is the exclusive food and bevarage partner for Apple's new streaming radio, which went live yesterday (18 September) with its iOS7 operating system. PepsiCo said it will deliver “custom experiences” across its brands, as well as offering branded channels within iTunes Radio.
PepsiCo has the only branded channels on the service at this stage.
"PepsiCo has consistently leveraged music as a growth driver for our brands. We believe that today's music eco-system allows our brands to play a more active role in supporting artists and engaging music fans," said Frank Cooper, PepsiCo Global Beverages Group's CMO for global consumer engagement.
iTunes Radio is currently only available in the US.
Last year, PepsiCo announced its “Live for Music” partnership with social media feed Twitter.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends