US: PepsiCo, Ocean Spray join forces for Latin America deal
PepsiCo has formed an alliance with Ocean Spray Cranberries for the manufacture and distribution of fruit-based drinks in Latin America.
Through the agreement, announced today (17 January), PepsiCo will have the exclusive rights to manufacture and distribute a portfolio of cranberry and blueberry-based beverages through its Latin America drinks division. The two firms will share marketing responsibilities for the products and will collaborate on product innovation.
PepsiCo has bottled Ocean Spray's juice drinks in the US since 2006. PepsiCo's president of Latin America beverages, Luis Montoya, said: "We see tremendous opportunities to grow our beverage business in emerging markets throughout Latin America, and we continue to take steps to strengthen our brand portfolio through product innovation, marketing and strategic partnerships."
"Ocean Spray is already a PepsiCo partner in the US, and we believe this ... positions us well to continue to gain share of the growing juice category," he added.
The Latin America alliance between PepsiCo and Ocean Spray includes countries in the Caribbean, Central America and South America and has a term of 20 years. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
In the fourth and final part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper continues his consideration of the environmental sustainability of the soft drinks and bottled water categories. Here, Ben ...
In the penultimate part of this month's management briefing, looking at environmental sustainability in the soft drinks and bottled water sectors, Ben Cooper considers efforts to reduce the use of ene...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018