US: PepsiCo, Ocean Spray add more lines to US tie-up
Ocean Spray and PepsiCo have expanded their strategic alliance in the US to include more of the cranberry grower cooperative's portfolio.
The two companies, which teamed up in 2006, said yesterday (21 October) that the sales and distribution agreement will include five more Ocean Spray brand juices - 100% apple; 100% orange; ruby red grapefruit; pineapple peach mango, and strawberry kiwi. In conjunction with Ocean Spray's 2010 planned launch, Pepsi-Cola North America Beverages (PCNAB) will also distribute a 15.2oz blueberry juice cocktail.
"We have had a licensing agreement in effect with Ocean Spray for three years and we're excited to offer our retail customers more Ocean Spray options," said Tom Silk, vice president of marketing for hydration and juice brands at PCNAB. "Ocean Spray juices and juice drinks represent an important part of our overall beverage strategy, particularly from a wellness standpoint."
The additions will become available through PCNAB in the US from February next year.
The UK soft drinks market grew by 2% in value in 2009, enough for sales in the on-trade to climb ahead of spirits to take the number two spot behind beer....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research