US: PepsiCo names Gatorade boss
PepsiCo has appointed a new president for its Gatorade business.
The company said yesterday (10 April) that Todd Magazine will assume the position. At the same time, QTG (Quaker Tropicana Gatorade), the Chicago-based division of PepsiCo, also named Mark Schiller as president of Quaker Foods and Snacks.
"Todd and Mark, who collectively have nearly 25 years experience with PepsiCo's QTG and Frito-Lay divisions, are both proven leaders who are familiar with our culture and have extensive insights into our powerful consumer health and wellness brands," said QTG president and CEO Chuck Maniscalco. "We are truly privileged to have Mark and Todd's dynamic leadership capabilities here within PepsiCo as they each bring skillful direction to our high-performing food and beverage teams."
Magazine, who will report to Maniscalco, assumes the Gatorade president post from his most recent position as president of Quaker Foods. Gatorade's top spot had been held by Maniscalco until his promotion to QTG president and CEO last October. Magazine, who joined Quaker Oats in 1999, prior to its merger with PepsiCo in 2001, has held previous positions as VP of marketing for ready-to-eat cereals, VP of marketing for Gatorade, and chief marketing officer for Quaker Foods.
"Todd's experience and skills make him an exceptional choice to lead the Gatorade organization," Maniscalco said. "We have every confidence that he'll contribute to the continued growth of this high-performance business unit."
Pepsi Bottling Group has posted a rise in both sales and operating income for its third quarter....
Starbucks and PepsiCo have unveiled plans to expand their relationship beyond North America and into China....
Quilmes Industrial has finally submitted its delayed 20-F form for 2006....
PepsiCo and Unilever have announced a major expansion of their Lipton RTD tea business joint venture....
The marketing director of PepsiCo UK's juice brands has left the unit....
PepsiCo spent US$500,000 on lobbying politicians in the US in the first half of this year....
Suntory has extended its tie-up with PepsiCo in South East Asia, according to reports....
PepsiCo has heralded its latest addition to the Gatorade stable as "a whole new platform"....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits