INDIA: PepsiCo mulls ad agency switch – report
PepsiCo is poised to change advertising agencies in India for the first time in 18 years, according to local reports.
The Economic Times reported yesterday (9 August) that the drinks company has opened up pitching for the advertising account for its non-cola brands in the country to five agencies. PepsiCo has used India's largest ad agency, JWT, for the past 18 years.
A report in the Indian paper cites an unnamed source as saying that PepsiCo is loathe to put "all eggs in the same basket". The source also said: "Competition no longer means only Coke."
The paper also suggested that it was an open secret that Pepsi had been unhappy with the advertising output of late from JWT for its products. This "open secret" was not elaborated on, however.
JWT managing partner Rohit Ohri was cited as saying: "The pitch for the flavour brands is a larger portfolio management-linked decision. PepsiCo has been and will continue to be a very special relationship for us."
A decision on which agency will get the account is expected in October, the paper reported.
No-one was available at PepsiCo to clarify the reports when contacted by just-drinks today (10 August).
Continuity of brand message may be sound marketing practice, but Annette Farr wonders whether Coke's Christmas advertising chimes with the times. Rather than re-running old ads, she suggests Coke coul...
Growth for wine in emerging markets, the possibility that European wine producers will regain some ground on the New World, and continued consumer interest in healthier drinks are among the many forec...
Trading in Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines has begun this week, below the intial price of the recent IPO....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has posted a marked leap in net profit for 2007....
PepsiAmericas has unveiled a strong set of results for 2007....
PepsiCo has lined up an addition to its juice portfolio in India....
Boo Koo Holdings has lined up a consumer promotion for its namesake energy drink brand in the US....
PepsiCo has announced two environmental initiatives targeted at driving sustainable water practices in an effort to achieve its Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets